vrijdag 5 september 2014

Balls & Glory, let the balls surprise you

It was in March this year when I visited  Gent for a public speaking seminar. I still had one hour before it started. And a bad news was that I was super hungry.
Seeing arround I just found a conventional donker cafe where any time we could get croque or spaghetti. But no way, it was too silly to eat them in Gent, a city of belfry.  As a good eater, I want more, an experience! 
You get what you think! And there on Jacobijnenstreet I passed a big aquarium with a long big table where people talking laughing and eating meatballs. Oh Bakso Tennis, I thought, it was not new for me then. Balls & Glory, handcrafted meatballs, written in a big letter.
Entering the restaurant I faced an cooking 'island' where two big casseroles were placed. "Is it your first time? Do you know the concept of our restaurant?" asked the garcon. I answered no, and he explained what he said as a concept. Everyball  has its own filling. We are free to choose between cheese or champignon. All the glory balls are served with massed potato and sauces. Ying and yang sauces, I named them myself. As a dummy, I'd like to prove the cheese ball.
Less than ten minutes, he came to me with a white round plate and a round massed potato with meatball in the middle. And the yin and yang sauces. Hamm.... it look like a hairdoe of Aurey Hepburn :)
Slicing the ball into two, I was surprised with the running cheese paste caming uot like a perfect moelleux. The meatball was soft and the massed potate was very rich with mixed vegetables. The yin yang sauces were a bit sweet and a bit spicy, pittig. 
When I finished my massed potate, the garcon came back asking if I want to have extra massed potato and the sauces. It was a nice experience. Believe or not, I came back there two weeks after with my family to tase the champignon one. Again, it surprised me.

Let the ball surprise you. Just click http://www.ballsnglory.be/ 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten