maandag 1 september 2014

Experience ANTOINE by Patrick Aubrion


Add caption
It was four weeks ago when I passed Tiensesstreet in Leuven, my sight hit an unfinished shop covered with big letters, 'Who the fuck is Antoine?' I was curious.
 
 
A week after, I came back and saw some hanging balls in the finished shop. It's too early for Christmas, isn't it? I entered the shop and there behind the glass showcase stood a warm-hearted lady offering me a purple small ball.

'Chocolate?' asked me stupidly while chewing it.
'It's a truffle!' she smiled.
 
What I ate was a soft viola covered by dark chocolate and viola sugar.  

The day was a start of my search in chocolate world. As a dummy, I want to know more about this one of Belgian pride. People say that Belgians are burgundians. They love eating and  drinking. And the most important, they make great delicatessen that we just can thank to live here. 

ANTOINE, the shop's name, introduced me to the name of its creator, Master Chocolatier Patrick Aubrion. He's the dozens time champion in chocolate world. Working as consultant for some major factories, he established his own company, Aubrion Sweets, in 2010.
 
ANTOINE is his first shop offering us a new experience in enjoying a marbled look truffles. There are 13 soorts that with distinguished filling (like champagne, caramel, framboos, coffeee) , covered by ingridients like strawberry, milk chocolate and casis, viola sugar, light cacao, hazelnut and other inggridients  and the chocolate bases like white, milk or dark chocolate. 
 
One thing for sure, in the hands of Patrick Aubrion chocolate is more than something to eat. It's an art object that we look, smell, touch, and finally unbearably put it into our mouth. Hmm... it's an experience. It something I ask to people with 'Have you EVER....' in stead of 'DID you .... ?  
 
So, are you ready to experience ANTOINE?
 





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten