vrijdag 12 september 2014

The Sweet Land


It was a cold dry summer. The wind blew the country and above my head I saw dark thick cloud winked, 'SURPRISE!'.
 
Surealistic, you tought, yeah... Welcome to the Magritte world on which summer can be so sober and winter may be unexpectedly warm. Oh, I should not forget my umbrealla and thick jas instead of a thin cardigan, I sighed.
 
No idea why I entered the shop.  It's colorful, sweet with tutti frutti aroma, a lolly shop. 'Hearts & Flowers' is one of two candy shops that we can find in the city center of Leuven. Since I had not been in the shop, I looked arround and I just saw things that I've never tought before. It looked more like an amusement park of confections. I was sure there must be name for all of them. Jelly beans, snickers, m&m's and lollipops are the familiar sweets and plus cuberdon from Gent, .
 
"Where are they from?" I was curious.
"Most of them are from The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium", answered the shopkeeper.
"Are there enough children that buy them?" I asked.
"Not just children, there are many adults too coming here foor sweet." 
"Like ice cream, any particular time when you can see the top period of seasons?" 
"Fall and winter, how darker the days, how more customers we have."

Hmmm.... Does a lolly boost our serotonin level to compensate our mood because of the cold and the dark? In social psychology class, de professor told us about an effect of warm drinks to our gloom. 'If you are sad, or it snows, make sure your heater works well and a cup of warm tea is with you. 

Hearts & Flowers has three shops in Belgium. Leuven, Hasselt and Genk are three locations whre we can find the shop besides their online shop in which we have so many choices.        
    

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten